In-tolerances of Gluten Especially among Americans is Flourishing the Growth of Gluten-free Food Market
Posted on Sep 11 2019 12:48 PM
"The gluten-free food market valued at $5 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period 2019-2025. "
In the earlier days, gluten-free products were only preferred by the celiac disease (CD) suffers. Actually, these products are developed to handle the intolerances of consumers for gluten products, as a part of medical need. But, nowadays, eating gluten-free food has evolved as it can either be a choice or a mandate. In the current scenario, increasing consumption of gluten-free products is driving by a different group of consumers owing to their desire to inlet naturally gluten-free grains such as millet, amaranth, quinoa, and teff. Gluten-free food products are experiencing increasing consumption as they assists weight loss and rises in energy as well. Additionally, it provides overall health improvements because it reduces the intake of highly processed and unhealthy foods. In the case of gluten sensitive persons, consumption of gluten-free food has become a necessity as these people suffer from CD. Fresh fruit and vegetable, beans, eggs, pancakes, waffles, and bread are the potential gluten-free options which suit for various diets. Doctors are recommending the ingestion of certified gluten-free oats as a safe food for CD patients. Fruits, meat and poultry, fish and seafood, dairy, vegetables, beans, nuts, and legumes are healthy and delicious gluten-free food groups. According to celiac disease foundation, naturally, gluten-free grains are highly available in the local grocery stores secondly in the specialty food stores. Furthermore, the Gluten-Free Food Market valued at $5 billion in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period 2019-2025. The report covers Gluten Free Food Market size by type and applications, Gluten Free Food Market share by top 5 companies and also the market share by start-ups during the forecast period.
View Full Table of Contents of Gluten Free Food Market:
Report Price (Single User): US $3850
The expanding acceptance of low-carb diets such as Atkin’s and Paleo in the progressive countries coupled with stimulating subsidies in the emerging markets are influencing the global baked goods market growth. At present, fashion for gluten-free bakery is very high. Packaged bread manufacturers are go-getting to maintain the demand for the same by launching new products. The emergence of surplus startup companies, specifically in the bakery space, has been concentrating on launching gluten-free bread. In the bakery sector, consumer fondness for bread has been passed on to the other products as well, such as pastries, cakes, biscuits, pasta, and breakfast cereals. Impressive gluten-free variants available in the aforesaid products are boosting the growth of gluten-free bakery. Therefore, application of gluten-free food in the bakery sector is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 7.4% throughout the aforesaid period. In response to the escalating predominance of gluten-free products, retailers got triggered to expand the boundaries of the gluten-free bakery from store perimeters to the fresh bakery departments of supermarkets, which in turn attracts more consumer’s traction. Naturally, gluten-free ancient grains are gaining traction of the manufacturers in the bakery space. A huge number of product developments are ongoing in this segment and are increasing the widespread of gluten-free bakery products among the consumers.
In America, CD prevalence is high, considered as the most severe type of gluten intolerance. Approximately 1 percent of the American population is affected by this genetic disorder. According to the National Foundation of the Celiac Awareness estimations, nearly 18 million Americans are suffering from varied gluten sensitivities. A survey of NSF international among 1,000 American consumers has revealed that 68% of them are not conscious about the presence of gluten in dietary supplements. Then, NSF International’s gluten-free certification program has tested and certified 73 different dietary supplements. Above 50 percent of Americans have confidence in products labeled as “gluten-free” and believe that they are verified to be free from all gluten, as it is assured by the gluten-free certification mark on the product. In developed countries, the health-conscious public is diverting from heavily processed foods and drinks. And, are adopting more natural, organic, and gluten-free foods as they are healthier compared to processed and premade foods. Chile act as a key forecast growth driver among other countries in North America. It is owing to the growth in the consumer preference for gluten-free options which include ancient grains, vegetable ingredients with high nutritional content. North America region has been recognized to hold a dominating regional share of 42% in the global gluten-free food market as of 2018.
Gluten Free Food Market Growth Drivers:
· Gluten-free diets (GFDs): Now, GFD is the only effective treatment in use to eliminate the symptoms of CD, which is a chronic systemic autoimmune disorder. Previously it was only followed by the celiac patients, as it is necessary to manage the signs and symptoms of CD. But presently, belief of consumers that gluten-free products are helpful in resolving bloating and ingestion problems and providing improved health to the public is also contributing to the demand of GFDs. It has become the fastest growing trend because of the rise in the number of health conscious people. Minimally processed fresh foods are playing a vital role in healthy GFD.
· Future Bakery Industry: Increase in the adoption of the gluten-free bakery products by the health concerned public are fuelling the growth of gluten-free ancient grains and flours from legumes. These products are growing at a faster pace and ruling their mainstream in American countries particularly in Canada. The Gluten Intolerance Group's Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), the Celiac Support Association (CSA), and the Canadian Celiac Association are the three organizations which are currently certifying gluten-free companies as well as products.
The Major Gluten-free Food Market Companies:
Boulder Brands, Seitz Glutenfrei, The Hain Celestial Group, General Mills, Inc., The Kellogg Company, Alara Wholefoods Ltd., The Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company, Amy's Kitchen, Bagrrys India Ltd. and Nature's Path Foods are the prominent players which are operating in the global gluten-free food market. These companies have been continuously concentrating on investments, and acquisitions strategies to strengthen their portfolio of products and their presence in the gluten-free food market place.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Key Players Market Strategies:
In 2018, the Kellogg Company introduced thick & fluffy Belgium-Style Waffles, which is the new versions of “EGGO”, and also a gluten-free product. It is now available in four different flavors such as vanilla, double chocolate, blueberry, and cinnamon brown sugar.
In November 2018, Flowers Foods, Inc. acquired Canyon Bakehouse L.L.C. for around $205 million. This acquisition has been increasing the significant number of opportunities for the widespread of Canyon Bakehouse products. It is leveraging through Flowers Foods’ distribution network and retail partnerships among additional consumers across the country.
Conagra Brands, Inc. acquisition with Pinnacle Foods, Inc., and Parsippany N.J., has made it elevate as a leader in the gluten-free products market. Udi’s and Glutino are the gluten-free brands in the Conagra portfolio. In the first quarter of 2018, the introduction of new bread from Udi’s to give a boost to sales.
The Andersons, Inc, which is an ingredient supplier has acquired the assets of Naperville, Ill.-based Nu-World Foods in October 2018. Nu-World Foods is a provider of both gluten-free food products and ancient grain ingredients. This acquisition has been aimed to expand the grain group of Andersons Inc and also to deliver numerous gluten-free and ancient grain possibilities to food customers.
A. Food Inclusions Market
B. Lactose Free Food Market
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
Company Press Release
- Chemical Tankers Market Leveraging Flourishing Chemical Industry Besides Global Transition Towards Vegetable Oils And Fats
- Growing Electric Vehicles Prominence In The Automotive Industry Driving The Battery Separator Market
- Innovating Implementation Of Il In The Battery Industry To Uplift The Ionic Liquids Market Growth
- Successive Investment Strategies By Major Aerospace Industries Increases The Demand For Aerospace Material Market In The Forecasted Period
- Increasing Prevalence Of Projectors During Mass-audience Events Driving The Global Lcos Market
- Iaas Market Growth Is Anticipated To Grow With An Impressive Cagr Of 24.84% During The Forecast Period
- The Microbial Lipase Market Will Propel Owing To High Demand For Lipase Enzyme From The Bakery And Dairy Industry