Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market Data Current and Future Trends, Industry Size, Share, Revenue, Business Growth Forecast to 2028, Fortune Business Insights
Posted on May 17 2021 11:48 AM
"Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Utility Owned, Custom Owned, Third Party Owned), By Application (Micro-grid, Household, Industrial, Military), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027 "
According to the report, The global lead acid battery for energy storage market size is projected to reach USD 9.73 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.6% during the forecast period. Increasing renewable capacity additions will be a major growth determinant for this market, shares Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market Forecast, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Utility Owned, Custom Owned, Third Party Owned), By Application (Micro-grid, Household, Industrial, Military), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027”. According to the latest publication by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the global renewable energy capacity stood at 2,537 GW at the end of 2019, with wind and solar accounting for 25% of the increase. While renewables capacity is growing at an impressive rate, the challenge faced by the energy sector is in the form of energy storage. The International Energy Agency (IEA) estimates that by 2030 the world will need 266 GW of energy storage. Lead-acid batteries are the oldest and some of the most reliable battery storage systems, costing substantially lower than lithium-ion batteries. Moreover, these batteries can be effectively used for solar power storage are they are configurable and scalable to meet any capacity requirements.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Market Research Report:
The report states that the global market value was at USD 7.36 billion in 2019 and also contains the following information:
- Tangible insights into the factors driving and restraining the market;
- Exhaustive study of the various market segments;
- Detailed examination of the regional developments and competitive dynamics influencing the market growth; and
- Thorough research into the upcoming investment opportunities in the market.
List of Key Players Covered in the Market for Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage:
- Rolls Surrette (Springhill, Canada)
- Okaya (New Delhi, India)
- Champion Storage Battery Company Limited (Shenzhen, China)
- Bulls Power (Guangdong, China)
- HOPPECKE (Brilon, Germany)
- GSYuasa (Kyoto, Japan)
- Amara Raja (Hyderabad, India)
- East Penn Manufacturing (Lyons, PA, USA)
- Enersys (Reading, United States)
- First National Battery (Benoni, South Africa)
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC (Ridgewood Dr. Menomonee Falls, United States)
- C&D Technologies (Pennsylvania, United States)
- FIAMM (Montecchio Maggiore, Italy)
- Guangdong JIYI General Corporation (Guangzhou, China)
- Leoch (Shenzhen, China)
- Narada (Hangzhou, China)
- Exide Technologies (Georgia, United States)
The eruption of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020 has shaken the world economic dynamics, with some sectors and industries bearing the severest brunt of the crisis. While governments worldwide are taking various measures to curb the spread of the virus and reboot their economies, the short- and medium-term implications of the pandemic are anticipated to be dire. At Fortune Business Insights™, based on our experience and expertise, we are offering specialized market research reports, detailing the impact of the coronavirus on your business.
Key Segmental Overview:
- By Type
- Utility Owned
- Custom Owned
- Third Party Owned
- By Application
- Micro grid
- By Geography
- North America (the US and Canada)
- Europe (the U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Rest of Asia- Pacific)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, and Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and the Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Limited Utilization of Lead-acid Batteries in Grid Stabilization to Hinder Market Growth
One of the major constraints facing the lead acid battery for energy storage market growth is the limited capacity and usage of lead-acid batteries in grid storage. Power companies are preferring lithium-ion (li-ion) batteries for grid stabilization over more conventional energy storage systems owing to their high energy density and lightweight properties. For instance, the Hornsdale Power Reserve in Southern Australia is the world’s largest lithium-ion battery storage facility built by Tesla, which is used to stabilize the electricity grid from the energy received from a nearby wind farm. The battery system also powers over 30,000 homes in the region. In 2015, California heavily utilized lithium-ion battery technology to offset the loss of energy that was triggered when the Aliso Canyon natural gas facility leaked. Considerable benefits of li-ion batteries as compared to lead-acid energy storage systems will be a critical hurdle for this market in the coming years, as the race for energy security intensifies.
- June 2020: GNB Industrial Power, part of Exide Technologies, secured an order from the US Navy to deliver five stationary battery back-up units for the Los Angeles-class submarines. The order is part of the 5-year contract signed by the company with the Department of Defense to supply lead-acid batteries for Navy’s submarine fleets.
- June 2020: Tata Power Renewable Energy bagged a contract from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co to supply solar power for a period of 25 years. As per the contract, Tata Power will construct a 100 MW power plant within the next 18 months.
Transforming Renewables Infrastructure to Accelerate the Market in Asia Pacific
With a market size of USD 3.12 billion, Asia Pacific is set to dominate the lead acid battery for energy storage market share in the upcoming years on account of rapidly transforming renewable energy infrastructure in China and India. This factor is further bolstered by the skyrocketing demand for electricity in these two as well as other developing countries in the region, which is surging the installations of battery storage units connected to the grid.
The market for lead acid battery for energy storage in Europe is expected to be mainly driven by the ambitious targets set by countries of the European Union (EU) to mitigate the ill-effects of climate change and global warming. In North America, on the other hand, aggressive adoption of fully-electric and hybrid vehicles is likely to stoke the adoption of lead-acid batteries.
Key Players to Focus on Providing Efficient Battery Back-up Systems
Power storage and transmission necessitates the development of efficient back-up battery systems to ensure uninterrupted supply of energy. Companies in the lead acid for energy storage market are constantly in the process of engineering such storage solutions, with particular focus on government bodies, which need to ensure continuous power supply to households and industries.
Have Any Query? Speak to Analyst: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/lead-acid-battery-for-energy-storage-market-103445
Major Table of Content for Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- Key Developments: Merger & Acquisition, Partnership, etc.
- Latest Technological Advancement
- Regulatory Landscape
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis – Impact of COVID-19
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market
- Steps Taken by the Government to Overcome the Impact
- Key Developments by the Industry Players in Response to COVID-19
- Potential Opportunities and Challenges due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Global Lead Acid Battery for Energy Storage Market Analysis (Million KVah, USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2016-2027
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- Utility Owned
- Custom Owned
- Third Party Owned
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- Micro grid
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
An Overview of the Impact of COVID-19 on this Market:
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. There are some industries that are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are taking continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of coronavirus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
Click here to get the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this Market.
(Have a Look at Reports Trending in "Energy & Power" Industry)
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™ we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We therefore offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune - 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Fortune Business Insights™
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Company Press Release
- In-flight Catering Services Market Global, Share, Size, Demand, Future Growth, Research Report, Overview, Key Players Profiles, Segmentation, Outlook And Forecast 2020-2027
- Roasted Wheat Market Demand, Growth, Share, Size, Development, Segmentation, Key Players Profiles, Analysis, Research Report, Overview, Outlook And Forecast 2028
- Pumpkin Seeds Market Price, Global Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Opportunities, Key Players Profiles, Business, Research Report, Segmentation, Overview And Forecast 2021-2028
- Radiofrequency Ablation Systems Market | 2028 Size, Trends, Industry Revenue, Growth Factor, Industry Development And Forecast Report
- Hydroxicarbamide Market To Steadily Grow; Rising Demand For Anticancer Drugs To Positively Influence The Market: Fortune Business Insights™
- Epigenomics Market 2021: Global Industry Size, Demand, Growth Analysis, Share, Revenue And Forecast Research Report 2028
- Auto Ventilated Seat Fan Market Share 2021: Global Industry Size, Industry Overview, Trends, Outlook And Forecast Research Report 2028