Medical Tourism Market to Reach 53.51 USD Billion by 2028; Market Scope and overview, Growth Study, Future Trends, Demands
Posted on Jun 23 2022 4:37 AM
"Key Prominent Players Covered in the Medical Tourism Market Research Report Are Bumrungrad International Hospital (Bangkok, Thailand) , Apollo Hospitals (Chennai, India) , Bangkok Chain Hospital (Nonthaburi, Thailand) , Fortis Healthcare (Delhi, India) , Asian Heart Institute (Mumbai, India) , KPJ Healthcare Berhad (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) , Livonta Global (Ahmedabad, India), Gleneagles Hospital (Mumbai, India)"
The worldwide medical tourism market size reached USD 11.56 billion in 2020. The market value is predicted to rise from USD 13.98 billion in 2021 to USD 53.51 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 21.1% between 2021 and 2028. Dramatic advances in the healthcare sector fueled by the introduction of novel medical devices and non-invasive procedures are fueling the rise of medical tourism globally, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its report titled “Medical Tourism Market, 2021-2028”.
Medical tourism has gained immense traction across the world, especially across developed regions. The Medical Tourism Association (MTA) reports that more than 14 million individuals worldwide travel to other countries for medical treatment each year. Moreover, according to a report by McKinsey & Company, 40% of people travel to countries to seek medical care from highly trained professionals and through advanced healthcare technology. Availability of lower-cost treatment in numerous countries for various conditions will support medical tourism market growth during the forecast period.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
April 2021 – HexTransforma Healthcare unveiled Brit-Med – a novel medical tourism platform – to allow patients worldwide to search, compare, and avail the desired treatment.
Travel Restrictions Hampered Medical Tourism Market Outlook during 2020
The outbreak and rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic led to strict containment measures across most countries. In the Asia Pacific region, for example, the number of tourists declined by 84% in 2020, compared to 2019, as per the World Tourism Organization. Social and travel restrictions enforced to limit the spread of the coronavirus outbreak affected the market for medical tourism to a great extent. The market dynamics have been also impacted by the postponement of non-essential and elective surgeries amid rising COVID-19 cases. However, the market is set for recovery as the COVID-19 situation improves and country borders reopen.
On the basis of healthcare services, the market is classified into wellness treatment, medical treatment, and alternative treatment. The wellness treatment segment is further broken down into rejuvenation procedures, cosmetic procedures, and others. The medical treatment segment is divided into cardiac procedures, dental procedures, orthopedic & spine procedures, oncology procedures, and others.
By service provider, the market is bifurcated into private and public.
In terms of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa.
To get to know more about the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this market, please visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/medical-tourism-market-100681
The report offers:
- Major growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, and potential challenges for the market.
- Comprehensive insights into the global as well as regional developments.
- List of key industry players.
- Major strategies adopted by the market players.
- Latest industry developments include product launches, partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions.
Drivers & Restraints
Rise in Inbound Medical Travel owing to Low-cost Care to Augment Market Growth
Medical tourism market growth will be accelerated by the expansion of inbound medical travel. Continuous developments in healthcare in terms of medical devices, wearables, surgical procedures, and connected technologies have enabled better healthcare delivery. Telemedicine, telehealth, and other technologies are allowing patients to book appointments, consult doctors, and avail quality care from anywhere in the world. These factors have led to increased inbound medical travel in developing nations such as India and Thailand.
The lower cost of treatments in developing countries compared to developed countries will sustain the growth of medical tourism in the forthcoming years. The Medical and Health Tourism Congress (MHTC) reports that medical treatment in Asian countries is much cheaper than private hospitals in developed countries such as the U.S. For instance, a heart bypass surgery would cost USD 13,000 in Thailand, compared to USD 113,000 in the U.S.
Despite rapid developments in the field, the COVID-19 pandemic has affected medical tourism market growth. Considering the highly uncertain nature of the pandemic, with new COVID-19 variants emerging in different countries, the market could experience some roadblocks during 2021-2028.
Speak To Our Analyst:
Rising number of Medical Tourists in North America to Foster Market Growth
North America is anticipated to have a substantial chunk of the medical tourism market share over the projected timeframe. In 2020, the regional market generated USD 3.00 billion in terms of annual revenue. Growth is attributable to the high rate of medical tourists in the U.S. to receive cardiac, orthopedic, and other forms of medical care.
The market in Europe is expanding owing to the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure and the availability of advanced medical facilities. France, Spain, Belgium, and the U.K. are expected to witness a rising number of medical tourists in the coming years.
Meanwhile, in the Asia Pacific region, the market is driven by the availability of lower-cost medical care.
List of Key Players Present in the Market
- Bumrungrad International Hospital (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Apollo Hospitals (Chennai, India)
- Bangkok Chain Hospital (Nonthaburi, Thailand)
- Fortis Healthcare (Delhi, India)
- Asian Heart Institute (Mumbai, India)
- KPJ Healthcare Berhad (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Livonta Global (Ahmedabad, India)
- Gleneagles Hospital (Mumbai, India)
Quick Buy - Medical Tourism Market Research Report:
Table Of Contents :
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Key Industry Developments –New Product Launches, Mergers, and Acquisitions
- Impact of COVID-19 on Global Medical Tourism Market
- Healthcare Expenditure, by Key Countries
- Prevalence of Chronic Disease, by key Diseases, by Key Countries
- Global Medical Tourism Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2017-2028
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Service
- Medical Treatment
- Cardiac Procedures
- Oncology Procedures
- Orthopedic & Spine Procedures
- Dental Procedures
- Wellness Treatment
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Rejuvenation Procedures
- Alternative Treatment
- Medical Treatment
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Service Provider
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Ask for Customization of this Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Company Press Release
- Automated Weather Observation System Industry Emerging Trends Analysis Huge Growth, Emerging Trends
- Directed Energy Weapons Industry By Type, Application, Regions, Trends, Demand With In-detailed Competitor Analysis
- Air Freight Software Industry Revenue, Analysis Huge Growth, Emerging Trends, Advancement Outlook, And Challenges By 2029
- Air Cargo Security Screening Industry Demand, Rising Trends And Technology Advancements 2022 To 2029
- Wall Scanner Industry Is Booming Worldwide Size, Product Scope, Development Growth Strategies And Forecast By 2029