Automotive Fuel Cell Market Trend, Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Company Profiles and Forecast by 2027
Posted on Sep 24 2021 6:13 AM
"Automotive Fuel Cell Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC), Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell (PAFC), and Others), By Power Rating (Below 100 kW, 100 – 200 kW, and Above 200 kW), By Vehicles (Passenger Vehicles, Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs), Bus, and Trucks), and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028 "
The global automotive fuel cell market size is projected to reach USD 34.63 billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 53.5% during the forecast period, as per estimates provided by Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Automotive Fuel Cell Market, 2021-2028”. The report states that the value of the market stood at USD 1.07 billion in 2020.
What Does the Report Offer?
The automotive fuel cell market report contains a detailed segmentation of the market and a piecemeal study of each segment. Furthermore, the report delivers a comprehensive analysis of the regional developments occurring in the market, along with in-depth research into the market drivers, trends, and challenges. In addition to all of the above, the report provides a thorough assessment of the competitive landscape of the market.
Inquire Before Buying: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/queries/automotive-fuel-cell-market-101809
Some of the Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- Detailed Overview of Automotive Fuel Cell Market will help deliver clients and businesses making strategies.
- Influencing factors that are thriving demand and latest trends running in the market.
- Market forecast for global market split into segments like region, product, applications, end-user, technology, etc.
- What trends, challenges and barriers will impact the development and sizing of the Global Automotive Fuel Cell Market?
- SWOT Analysis of each defined key player along with its profile and Porter’s five forces analysis to complement the same.
- What is the Market growth momentum or market carries during the forecast period?
- Which region may tap the highest market share in the coming era?
- Which application/end-user category or Product Type may seek incremental growth prospects?
- What focused approach and constraints are holding the Automotive Fuel Cell Market demand?
Increasing Research into Fuel Cell Technology to Boost the Market
The massive potential of fuel cells has encouraged several research studies, designed to develop and investigate novel materials, elements, and compounds that can accelerate the advancement of fuel cell technology. In November 2020, for instance, a team of researchers from the University of California, Los Angeles, California Institute of Technology, and Ford Motor Company accomplished a major breakthrough in hydrogen-based automotive fuel cell technology. The team successfully used solar energy to convert water into hydrogen during the day and reverse the process at night. In January 2021, researchers at the Pohang University in South Korea discovered a way to efficiently produce hydrogen fuel through the water-electrolysis process using nickel as an electro-catalyst. These research undertakings are set to rapidly augment the fuel cell technology and accelerate the growth of this market.
Request Sample PDF Brochure: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/sample/automotive-fuel-cell-market-101809
Asia Pacific to be at the Market Forefront; Europe to Make Notable Headway
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the automotive fuel cell market share during the forecast period owing to the rising investments towards building hydrogen refueling infrastructure, especially in China. Besides this factor, long-term targets of governments in the region to deploy fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) will further propel the market. In 2020, the region’s market size was USD 0.66 billion.
In Europe, the market is poised to undergo phenomenal expansion on account of the stringent emission norms set by the European Union (EU). Moreover, the favorable policies of the EU supporting research in hydrogen and automotive fuel cell technology will also contribute to the regional market growth.
COVID-19 to Prove Beneficial for the Market, States Fortune Business Insights™
Registering a prolific CAGR of 44.06% in 2020 and reaching a value of USD 1.73 billion in 2021, the automotive fuel cell market growth is set to make substantial gains from the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Fortune Business Insights™. One prominent reason for this is the proven correlation between COVID-19 and prolonged exposure to PM2.5. For example, a statistical analysis by Harvard University conducted in November 2020 found that higher PM2.5 exposures are positively correlated with higher coronavirus mortality rates. These and such findings will push the demand for clean mobility solutions even after the pandemic is over, wherein automotive fuel cell technology will play a critical role. Furthermore, hydrogen fuel cells have also been utilized by the healthcare industry to fight the contagion. In May 2020, for instance, the South Africa Department of Science and Innovation deployed seven hydrogen fuel cell units in a military hospital in the country. This market is, therefore, slated to chart an enduring growth trajectory in the near future as the need for sustainable mobility solutions heightens worldwide.
Key Players to Implement Varied Business Expansion Strategies & Escalate Competition
The focus on advancing automotive fuel cell technologies is prompting leading companies to adopt and execute different strategies to broaden their business horizons. One such strategy is the diversification of portfolios, powered by the development and introduction of path-breaking fuel cell products. This strategy is also enabling players to establish a footprint and capture regional markets.
- July 2020: Hyzon Motors announced the setting up of Hyzon Motors Europe B.V., its new headquarters in Europe located in Groningen, the Netherlands. The center in the Netherlands will empower Hyzon to release hydrogen-powered zero-emission commercial vehicles in Europe and reduce carbon footprint worldwide.
List of Key Players Covered in this automotive fuel cell market Report:
- Wystrach (Germany)
- UQM Technologies (U.S.)
- Solaris Bus & Coach S.A (Poland)
- Pragma Industries (France)
- Hydrospider (Switzerland)
- Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies (Singapore)
- H2V Industry (France)
- Grove Hydrogen Automotive (China)
- FABER INDUSTRIE SPA (Italy)
- Danish Power Systems (Denmark)
- Blue World Technologies (Denmark)
- Foresight Energy Co., Ltd. (China)
- Bing Energy (U.S.)
- Hauzer Techno Coating B.V. (Netherlands)
- Wuhan Tiger FCV (China)
- Symbio (France)
- Proton Motor Fuel Cell GmbH (Germany)
- Intelligent Energy (England)
- Faurecia (France)
- Continental Industries (Germany)
- AVL (Austria)
- Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC (U.S.)
- Delphi Technologies (UK)
- Toshiba (Japan)
- American Honda Motor Company, Inc. (Japan)
- Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology (Netherlands)
- Toyota Motor Company (Japan)
- Ballard Power Systems (Canada)
- Wind2Gas Energy GmbH & Co KG (Germany)
- Umicore (Belgium)
- Shanghai Re-Fire Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- Hystorsys (Norway)
- Hydrogenious (Germany)
- Hexagon Composites ASA (Norway)
- H2 Energy (Switzerland)
- FREUDENBERG (Germany)
- Go Mobile AG (Germany)
- Bosal (Belgium)
- Air Liquide (France)
- L. Gore & Associates (U.S.)
- Hauzer Techno Coating B.V. (Netherlands)
- Wuhan Tiger FCV (China)
- Symbio (France)
- PowerCell Sweden AB (Sweden)
- FEV Group GmbH (Germany)
- ElringKlinger (Germany)
- Bosch (Germany)
- Ceres Power (UK)
- ITM Power (UK)
- Hydrogenics (Canada)
- Daimler AG (Germany)
- Plug Power (U.S.)
- Nissan Motor Corporation (Japan)
- Hyundai Motor Company (South Korea)
Quick Buy - Automotive Fuel Cell Market:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Name: Ashwin Arora
Email: [email protected]
Phone: US +1 424 253 0390 / UK +44 2071 939123 / APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Company Press Release
- Surge Protection Devices Market By Business Growth, Trend, Segmentation, Top Key Players, Revenue And Industry Expansion Forecast Report, Fortune Business Insights
- Subsea Manifolds Market Share, Industry Size, Leading Companies Outlook, Upcoming Challenges And Opportunities Till 2028, Fortune Business Insights
- Solar Pv Mounting Systems Market Analysis By Industry Size, Share, Key Drivers, Growth Factors, Demands, Manufacturers And 2028 Forecast, Fortune Business Insights
- Solar Panel Market Latest Industry Size, Share, Future Growth, Sales Revenue And Key Drivers Analysis Research Report 2028, Fortune Business Insights
- Produced Water Treatment Market Size & Share, Future Growth, Trends Evaluation, Demands, Regional Analysis And Forecast To 2028, Fortune Business Insights
- Offshore Decommissioning Market - By Supply Demand Scenario, Application, By Region, Pricing Analysis, Opportunities And Forecast 2028, Fortune Business Insights
- Metering Pump Market Revenue, Future Growth, Top Key Players, Trend Insights And Investment Opportunities Forecast To 2028, Fortune Business Insights