Bus Rapid Transit Market Size Report 2020, Recent Trends, Share, and Growth forecast to 2027
Posted on Jan 22 2021 8:30 AM
"Key companies Covered are AB Volvo, Tata Motors, MAN, Ashok Leyland, Yutong, Marcopolo S.A., King Long, and more players profiled."
The global ''brt'' Market is set to gain impetus from the implementation of strict rules by the governments of China and India to reduce emissions of greenhouse gas. Therefore, several manufacturers have started producing battery-electric buses. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a new report, titled, “Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Bus Type (Standard, Articulated, Others), By Application (Urban Areas, Others), and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report further states that the bus rapid transit market size was USD 822.86 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 1040.27 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has created immense disturbances in supply chains and has thereby caused a complete halt in operations. Several medical institutes are looking forward to discovering a vaccine to cure coronavirus. Our reports would provide in-depth information about the effects of this pandemic on every market. You can choose the best strategy applicable to regenerate business growth.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with “Short-Term and Long-Term Impact of COVID-19” on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Market,
Study Period: 2016-2027
Base Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2027
Historical Period: 2016-2018
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the prominent BRT system manufacturers operating in the global market. They are as follows:
- AB Volvo (Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Tata Motors (Mumbai, India)
- MAN (Munich, Germany)
- Ashok Leyland (Chennai, India)
- Yutong (Zhengzhou, China)
- Marcopolo S.A. (Caxias do Sul, Brazil)
- King Long (Xiamen, China)
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- What are the growth drivers, dynamics, and hindrances in the market?
- Which segment is expected to lead the market in the coming years?
- Which region would generate the largest revenue in the near future?
- How will companies surge sales of BRT systems in 2020?
Drivers & Restraints-
Rising Demand for Road Safety will Favor Growth
Bus rapid transit corridors help in lowering the frequency of fatalities, injuries, and traffic incidents. They also enhance traffic safety. The TransMilenio BRT in Bogota, for instance, successfully lowered the rates of injuries and crashes of two main corridors. Besides, EMBARQ stated that it conducted thorough safety impact assessments that consisted of the before and after data for four BRT systems in Latin America, Australia, and India. The result was a reduction in the overall rate of crashes. The increasing implementation of BRT corridors stoked by the urgent need to surge road safety would propel the bus rapid transit market growth in the near future.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic has increased the risks of traveling with other passengers. The public transportation systems in various countries worldwide have been stopped owing to lockdown and social distancing measures to prevent the transmission of coronavirus. This factor may hinder the market growth.
Articulated Segment to Show Largest Share Fueled by Need for Ballooning Ridership
Based on bus type, the market is segregated into articulated, standard, and others. Out of these, the articulated segment is expected to generate the largest bus rapid transit market share in the coming years. This growth is attributable to the need for ballooning ridership and accommodating large-volume loading.
Need for High-capacity Public Mode of Transport to Propel Growth in Asia Pacific
In 2019, Asia Pacific held USD 306.4 million in terms of revenue. The region is anticipated to exhibit considerable growth backed by the increasing demand for ecologically friendly, cost-effective, and high-capacity public mode of transportation in many Asian countries. The main reason for this is the uncontrolled and rapid development of transportation systems in these countries that further cause issues to the environment and human welfare. Thus, the region is set to gradually adopt BRT systems to fulfill these criteria.
North America, on the other hand, is likely to grow significantly owing to the presence of countries, such as Ottawa that support transport oriented development (TOD). To do so, these countries are emphasizing on land use policy to accelerate growth, thereby maintaining and raising transit ridership.
Key Questions Answered:
Why Choose Fortune Business Insights?
What are the key demands and trends shaping the market?
What are the key opportunities in the market?
What are the key companies operating in the market?
Which company accounted for the highest market share?
What is the market size and growth rate of the global and regional market by various segments?
What is the market size and growth rate of the market for selective countries?
Which region or sub-segment is expected to drive the market in the forecast period?
What Factors are estimated to drive and restrain the market growth?
Bus Rapid Transit market report Focus on:
- Extensive product offerings
- Customer research services
- Robust research methodology
- Comprehensive reports
- Latest technological developments
- Value chain analysis
- Potential Market opportunities
- Growth dynamics
- Quality assurance
- Post-sales support
- Regular report updates
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Comprehensive analysis of the market growth drivers, obstacles, opportunities, and other related challenges.
- Tracks the developments, such as new product launches, agreements, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansions, and joint ventures.
- Identifies market restraints and boosters.
- Identifies all the possible segments present in the market to aid organizations in strategic business planning.
Key Players Focus on Achieving New Orders from Prominent Agencies
The market consists of a large number of manufacturers that are persistently striving to gain a competitive edge by bagging contracts from other agencies. Through such contracts, they would be able to deliver their in-house BRT systems and buses for enhancing transportation networks. Below are two of the latest industry developments:
- February 2020: Volvo Buses provided 21 conventional, 13 B340M articulated, and 6 B340M bi-articulated buses to Curitiba for improving its transportation system.
- December 2019: New Flyer bagged a contract from Brampton Transit (Canada) to provide 60-foot Xcelsior diesel-electric hybrid buses. It will be delivering 10 heavy-duty buses for broadening the Zum bus rapid transit fleet.
Browse Summary of this Research Report with Detailed Table of Content:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Merger, Acquisitions, and Partnerships
- Distributor Analysis – For Major Players
- Growth and Penetration Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- Vendor Landscape
- Global Bus Rapid Transit Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2016-2027
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Bus Type
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- Urban Area
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Have a Look at Related Research Insight:
Vehicle Telematics Market Size 2020 – Market Share Analysis by Growth Trends, Manufacturers, Consumption Capacity by Volume, Supply, Demand Status till 2027 | Fortune Business Insights™
Drive by Wire Market: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast to 2027 | Fortune Business Insights™
Luxury Car Rental Market Size 2020 Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Trends, Key Players and Forecast to 2027| Fortune Business Insights™
Railway Wiring Harness Market Share and Size 2020 Global Growth, New Updates, Trends, Industry Expansion, Showing Impressive Growth by 2027 | Fortune Business Insights™
Get your Customized Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune - 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Fortune Business Insights™
Linkedin | Twitter | Blogs
Company Press Release
- Food Premix Market Growth Analysis, Segmentation, Size, Share, Trend, Future Demand And Forecast To 2027
- Growing Demand For Healthy Snacking Globally To Favor Growth
- Food Amino Acids Market Size, Demand, Growth Opportunities, Industry Revenue And Analysis By Forecast 2027
- Fish Protein Market Analysis, Segmentation, Growth, Future Trends, Demands, Emerging Technology By Regional Forecast To 2027
- Egg-free Mayonnaise Market Overview, Key Players Analysis, Comprehensive Research Study, Competitive Landscape And Forecast To 2027
- Egg Replacers Market Trends, Growth, Size, Segmentation, Future Demands, Revenue By Regional Forecast To 2027
- Cordial Drink Market Size, Revenue, Latest Trends, Cagr Status, Growth Opportunities And Forecast 2027