Confectionery Market Analysis, Development, Revenue, Future Growth, Business Prospects and Forecast to 2027
Posted on Jan 15 2021 1:01 PM
"Key companies covered in confectionery market research report are Super Confectionery, Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd., The Hershey Company, Mondelez International, Ferrero SpA, HARIBO GmbH & Co. KG, Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli AG, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Nestle S.A., Barry Callebaut, and more players profiled in confectionery market research report"
The global confectionery market size is projected to reach USD 245.28 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.23% during the forecast period. Rising health consciousness among consumers will play a key role in augmenting the growth of this market, shares Fortune Business Insights™ in its recent report, titled “Confectionery Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Chocolate, Sugar, and Gums), Distribution Channel (Hypermarket/Supermarket, Convenience Stores, Departmental Stores, and Online Retails), and Regional Forecast, 2019 – 2026”. Manufactured chocolate bars and candies are known to contain large amounts of artificial sweeteners. With increasing prevalence of lifestyle-related disorders, even the most ardent chocolate-lovers are getting increasingly inclined towards organic and natural ingredients-based products.
List of Key Players Covered in Confectionery Market Report:
- Super Confectionery
- Ezaki Glico Co., Ltd.
- The Hershey Company
- Mondelez International
- Ferrero SpA
- HARIBO GmbH & Co. KG
- Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprungli AG
- Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Nestle S.A.
- Barry Callebaut
Gain More Insights into the Confectionery Market Research Report
For example, the Swiss chocolate-maker Barry Callebaut’s research found that the market value for organic chocolates currently stands at €30 million in Western Europe alone. This figure shows that the shifting consumer preference for chocolate and other confectionery items made from naturally-derived extracts will lead the confectionery market trends in the foreseeable future.
According to the confectionery market report, the value of this market stood at USD 190.77 billion in 2018. The report further contains answers to the following questions:
- What are the major factors driving the market?
- What are the main hurdles that the market is facing and will face in the future?
- What are the key market segments?
- Which region or regions hold the largest potential for the market to grow?
- How are the competitive dynamics shaping the market?
- Who are the prominent players in this market and what are their key strategies?
Hectic Lifestyles to Foster Sales Opportunities
Global economic growth and development have led to an explosion of job and business opportunities. Greater access to education and skill development have expanded the number of employable people around the world, resulting in more working people and more office spaces, especially in large urban conglomerations. As a result, modern lifestyles have become more hectic and stressful, with unfortunate consequence being on health and fitness of people. Therefore, many consumers are now demanding on-the-go confectionery snacks, preferably having low sugar and fat.
Chocolate, owing to its numerous health benefits, is the most consumed confectionery product in the world, and many companies are now developing sugar-free and organic chocolate items to cater to the health-conscious urban populace. Furthermore, chocolate consumption has positive physiological effects. The Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center in California found, through a research study, suggested that chocolate consumption positively impacts brain health and reduces stress and inflammation.
Launch of Natural Extracts-derived Products to Spur Competition
The confectionery market forecast envisages a period of cutthroat competition in this market as companies deploy various strategies to meet the escalating demand for organic confectionery items. Besides this, many players are also attempting to broaden their business horizons by introducing novel offerings in foreign markets.
Request a Sample Report:
Europe to Lead the Pack; Asia-Pacific to Showcase Excellent Growth Trajectory
With a market share of 39% in 2018, Europe is slated to dominate the confectionery market share in the coming years, primarily on account of high consumption chocolate items. Consumers are increasingly demanding premium and customized confectionery products and are willing to pay for such items, prompting companies to manufacture and deliver superior offerings in the region.
Asia-Pacific holds tremendous growth opportunities for this market owing to rising disposable income, increasing young and working-age population, and rapid urbanization. As a result, many players are implementing different strategies to establish themselves in the Asia-Pacific region, especially China and India.
- July 2019: Nestle, the Swiss multinational, created a new chocolate product with no added sugar, enabling its loyal customers to enjoy the company’s 70% dark chocolate wholesale. Called the Cacao Fruit Chocolate, the product will be infused with natural cacao pulp which will function as the sweetener for the chocolate.
- May 2018: The Swiss chocolate manufacturer Barry Callebaut opened the first chocolate center in Africa called the CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™. Located in Johannesburg, South Africa, the academy will focus on teaching training budding chocolate-makers, professionals, and enthusiasts with the latest trends and technologies of the confectionery world.
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Online Retail
Detailed Table of Content:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Emerging Trends
- Key Insights
- Overview on Related/Parent Market
- Global Chocolate Consumption Trend
- Global Cocoa Production Trend
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Industry SWOT Analysis
- Recent Industry Developments - Mergers & Acquisitions, Expansions, Partnerships, and
Quick Buy - Confectionery Market Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune - 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123ac
APAC : +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Company Press Release
- Radar Sensor Market Trend, Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Company Profiles And Forecast By 2026
- Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Market 2019 – Industry Size, Share, Dynamics, Status, Outlook And Opportunities: 2026
- Resilient Flooring Market Size & Share, Business Opportunities, Regional Demand, Revenue And Key Manufacturers Forecast To 2027, Fortune Business Insights
- Milling Machine Market Analysis, Importance And Regional Outlook| Forecast To 2026
- Water Chillers Market Size & Share, Future Growth, Trends Evaluation, Demands, Regional Analysis And Forecast To 2026, Fortune Business Insights
- Electric Fencing Market Size & Share, Growth, Scope, Challenges, Key Players, Overview And Forecast To 2027, Fortune Business Insights
- Escalator And Elevator Market Size, Latest Trend, Growth By Size, Application And Forecast 2026