How to Increase Sales on Amazon
Posted on Oct 3 2022 11:48 AM
"Arishekar N is the Senior Director of Marketing and Growth at SellerApp, an e-commerce data analytics solution."
Although growing sales on Amazon isn't easy, it is doable. Check out this article to discover tricks to boost the amount of Amazon sales.
The majority of people know this as a real estate term However, it is also applicable to selling products. Sellers have to be where their customers are. In the digital age that's a big online platform such as Amazon. This is because a significant portion of people who shop online are likely to browse Amazon when searching for something.
This kind of customer base implies that there's a potential for sellers to earn huge profits. But it's also a highly competitive market. For every business that reaches into seven figures' worth of income There are many that struggle to stay out of sight.
If you're looking to earn money from Amazon--real money, you'll have to deal with common issues for sellers by using a range of tools, including analysis and optimized store pages and many other methods.
Common Challenges Faced by Amazon Sellers
In case you're wondering about the reason sales aren't as high on Amazon then you're not alone. It's often difficult for beginners to make it into the market. The most significant issues you'll have to face on the first day are:
- A market segment that is packed with sellers who aren't as well-known but are skilled players.
- Issue of having trouble with Amazon's obscure set of rules.
- It is difficult to understand the way that keywords affect the algorithm of the search engine.
- Implementing a pricing strategy for the short term that is similar to entering into a price war instead of looking at the larger picture
- Listings with pictures which aren't the right ones or descriptions that sound amateurish or other issues.
- With a lack of reviews, which may make prospective customers distrustful.
- Inexperienced advertisers have a slim chance against established businesses dominating the sponsored ads section.
- With an ever-increasing number of sellers on amazon, it is a given that the competition is fierce. New sellers find it extremely difficult to stand out amongst the crowd.
Steps to Increase Sales on Amazon
There are a lot of obstacles to your Amazon success however don't let that discourage you. Every successful seller on Amazon began exactly as you did: starting from starting from scratch. You can, too, get higher rankings and boost sales by combining research, enhancing your pages for your products and sales strategies, as well as going that extra mile for your clients. Here are some techniques and tools you should take a look at.
Conduct Keyword Research
The most effective way to increase visibility is to boost your sales through Amazon. What can you do to increase this visibility? Keyword research is the key to success in this.
For a start you can think of possible keywords and check out what the auto-complete function of the search engine suggests. However, seed keywords won't get your new store far. You'll need to be able to narrow them down to target more precisely potential customers. Checkout SellerApp's Amazon keyword research tool .
This tool will suggest the best keywords to incorporate into the product's names and descriptions as well as numerous other details such as keyword popularity and how popular a specific keyword might be.
Optimize Your Product Listings
If you want to optimize your Amazon product listings and improve your sales, there are several things you can do.
First, make sure that your product title is clear and concise. It should be descriptive, but not too long. In addition to the title, include bullet points that highlight the key features of your product.
Next, choose the right category and subcategory for your listing. This will help potential buyers find your product more easily. Once you've selected the appropriate category, fill out the product description field thoroughly. Include as much detail as possible without being too wordy.
Lastly, add high-quality images that showcase your product from different angles. Customers like to see what they're buying, so don't skimp on the photos! With these tips in mind, you can Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings and increase your sales in no time!
Implement a Competitive Pricing Strategy
If you're selling a product that is similar to other products that are available, consumers will likely choose the least expensive alternative. Expert sellers are aware of this and are likely to play games of price shifting in which they undercut each other by a few cents to make the attention of customers in a short amount of time. It might be beneficial to purchase an automated repricing system so you are able to keep pace.
But there's a different way of thinking that is a part of this. If everyone is employing this kind of undercutting strategy, perhaps you're better off going against the trend. In the end, many Amazon users have been disappointed by cheap, unreliable products. They could skip over the flurry of bargain-priced deals in the hope that a higher cost will mean higher quality. Take your time as you develop the pricing plan.
Product Photography for Brand awareness
If you are selling physical products on Amazon, product photography is key to driving sales and increasing brand awareness. Here are some tips on how to take great product photos that will help increase your sales:
- Use a high-quality camera. This will ensure that your photos are clear and sharp.
- Use natural lighting. This will help your products look their best.
- Make sure the background is neutral. A plain white or black background will make your products stand out more.
- Take multiple photos from different angles. This will give potential buyers a better idea of what the product looks like and how it can be used.
- Edit your photos to make sure they look their best before uploading them to Amazon. This can be done with photo editing software or online tools like Canva (https://www.
Expand to other Marketplaces with Global Selling
Amazon Global Selling is a program that allows merchants to sell their goods internationally. There are three marketplace regions, ie, Europe, North America and Asia. Among these you can sell in the following countries - UK, US, India, Mexico, Brazil, China, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Australia, Netherlands, Turkey, and the Middle East.
The purpose is to expand one's business to a bigger market for more sales. Selling abroad may seem daunting, but it is not a complex process anymore. It only involves 4 simple steps.
- Pick a region and decide what you want to sell.
- Create a seller account in each of the regions and publish your product listings.
- Fulfill shipping requirements and opt for FBA or FBM.
- The last step is to set up customer care and the returns/exchanges/refund process.
External Marketing (OFF Amazon Promotions)
As an Amazon seller, you're always looking for ways to increase your sales. One way to do that is by running OFF Amazon Promotions.
OFF Amazon Promotions are a great way to get your products in front of new potential customers. By running promotions on other websites and social media platforms, you can reach a whole new audience that might not be aware of your products otherwise.
Amazon Attribution is a tool that allows sellers to monitor and analyze marketing done off Amazon. It is helpful to understand what tactics are productive for their brand. As a seller, you can view insights on which platform or advertisement drove the most traffic to your store. By doing this, you can attract more customers to your Amazon business.
On average, billions of people use Facebook every day. By promoting your products on this platform, you can divert a large group of people directly toward your Amazon listing page or by hosting giveaways.
Just like Facebook, Instagram can be extremely useful for sellers if you know how to use it the right way. Create an account on the Instagram app. Share pictures and videos of your products to gather the attention of shoppers. If your content is visually appealing, people will be more interested in buying your products.
Google shopping is a surefire way of showcasing your products to the right people. Google displays your Amazon listing at the top of the search results page. For example, if a user searches for hiking shoes on Google, your product will appear on the search results page. Your brand name, price, and additional details are shown here. If the user is interested, they will click on the page, and it will get redirected to your product page on Amazon.
The number of users on Tiktok has significantly increased recently. As it is more captivating than merely words or photos, the video format will be helpful for sellers. Collaborating with influencers can give you a lot of conversions. The #amazonmusthaves and #amazonfinds are trendy and get billions of views.
Run Amazon PPC Campaigns
If you want to increase your sales on Amazon, then running a PPC campaign is an important step to take. By bidding on relevant keywords, you can get your product listings in front of more potential customers who are looking for products like yours.
However, it's important to remember that a successful PPC campaign requires ongoing management and optimization. You'll need to regularly monitor your campaign performance and make adjustments to ensure that you're getting the most out of your advertising spend.
But if you're willing to put in the effort, a well-run Amazon PPC campaign can be a powerful tool for driving sales and growing your business on the platform. With the growing popularity of Sponsored ads, automation has become a necessity if you want to capitalize on the competition and grow your market share.
Consider Using Amazon FBA
If you're looking for ways to increase your Amazon sales, you may be considering using Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). It's a good idea to weigh the pros and cons of using Amazon FBA before making a decision.
Here are some of the key benefits of using Amazon FBA:
- Increased visibility for your products: When you use Amazon FBA, your products are eligible for Prime shipping, which means they'll be more visible to potential buyers.
- Access to Amazon's customer base: By selling through Amazon, you'll have access to their huge customer base.
- improved seller feedback: Because customers will receive their orders more quickly and smoothly when you use Amazon FBA, you're likely to receive better seller feedback. This can help boost your sales even further.
Gather Positive Reviews
When selling products on Amazon, one of the most important things to consider is the reviews that your product has. If you have positive reviews, potential customers are more likely to purchase your product over others. There are a few things you can do to increase the number of positive reviews for your product.
To start, make sure that you are providing high-quality products. If customers are happy with their purchase, they are more likely to leave a positive review. You can also reach out to satisfied customers and ask them to leave a review. Another way to increase positive reviews is by offering incentives, such as discounts or free shipping, for customers who leave a review.
By taking these steps, you can increase the number of positive reviews for your product and improve your chances of making sales on Amazon.
Amazon is a huge market. The Amazon market is massive and is full of potential. But, in order to establish the brand of your seller and make the most of those profits you'll need to overcome many obstacles. It's a platform that is competitive that covers virtually every niche. It is essential to follow the algorithm of search engines and keep up-to-date with developments in the marketplace and customer feedback to expand.
SellerApp's comprehensive suite of tools will make you successful on Amazon. Through these apps, you'll be in a position to search for keywords, improve your listings, determine your fulfillment and sales strategies and much more. The sooner you start and get going, the faster you'll gain momentum and start earning an edge over your competition.
Arishekar N is the Senior Director of Marketing and Growth at SellerApp, an e-commerce data analytics solution. He is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of marketing strategies, as well as increasing process efficiency by executing cutting-edge Search Engine Optimization strategies at SellerApp.
Arishekar has over 10 years of experience in marketing analytics and SEO. He has worked as a Digital Specialist for the tech giant IBM and most recently as the Senior Marketing Specialist for ZioTive Technologies where he enhanced their site structure by increasing website and mobile usability. Previously, he worked as a Senior SEO Analyst for Star Group where he was responsible for managing SEO Audits and analytics.
Company Press Release
- Car Rental Market | 2022 Size, Trends, Share, Growth, Swot Analysis, Market Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Key Industry Developments With Global Forecast To 2028
- Fuel Cell Powertrain Market | 2022 Size, Trends, Share, Growth, Swot Analysis, Market Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Key Industry Developments With Global Forecast To 2028
- Robotaxi Market | 2022 Size, Trends, Share, Growth, Swot Analysis, Market Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Key Industry Developments With Global Forecast To 2028
- Electric Three Wheeler Market | 2022 Size, Trends, Share, Growth, Swot Analysis, Market Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Key Industry Developments With Global Forecast To 2028
- Automotive Acoustic Engineering Services Market | 2022 Size, Trends, Share, Growth, Swot Analysis, Market Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Key Industry Developments With Global Forecast To 2028