Rare Earth Elements Market Global Industry Historical Background, Industry Structure, Development, Demographics, Forecast by 2028
Posted on Dec 6 2022 7:08 AM
"Companies covered in the rare earth elements market are rare earth elements market are Baotou Rare Earth, China Minmetal Rare Earth, Avalon Advanced Materials, IREL, Metall Rare Earth Limited, Arafura Resource,and more players profiled. "
As the chemical industry moves into 2022, strong demand for both commodity and specialty chemicals should keep prices robust throughout the year. However, the industry could face margin pressures amid raw material cost inflation, which will likely remain high through the first half of 2022.
The global rare earth elements market is set to gain traction from the rising adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) owing to the urgent need to reduce emissions in the environment. For instance, the International Energy Agency (IEA) declared that the demand for EVs is rising at a fast pace in Japan, U.S., and China. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™ in a published report, titled, “Rare Earth Elements Market, 2021-2028.” As per the report, the market size was USD 2,607.4 million in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 5,520.2 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.0% during the forecast period.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Catalyst Segment Generated 14.7% Share in 2020: Fortune Business Insights™
Based on the type, the market is categorized into lanthanum, cerium, neodymium, praseodymium, samarium, europium, and others. By the application, it is segregated into magnets, metallurgy, batteries, polishing, glass and ceramics, catalyst, phosphors, and others. Out of these, the catalyst segment held 14.7% in terms of the rare earth elements market share in 2020. This growth is attributable to the high demand for catalytic convertors from the automotive industry.
The report aims to analyze the rare earth elements industry by considering contributions, prospects, and growth trends. It presents detailed profiles of every key player operating in the market to analyze their core competencies in each segment. Apart from that, it ensures to help our clients better understand the competitive developments, such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, joint ventures, and collaborations.
Drivers & Restraints-
Rising Demand from Various Industries to Bolster Growth
A large number of rare earth elements are gaining momentum across the globe because of their high demand from numerous industries. They have several beneficial chemical and physical properties that are best suited for specific applications. However, the surging prices of raw materials because of the high demand for bearings, aircraft alloys, automotive motors, and batteries may hamper the rare earth elements market growth in the near future.
Get A Customized PDF :
Surging Industrialization and Construction Activities to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
Geographically, Asia Pacific earned USD 2,220.8 million in 2020 in terms of revenue and is likely to retain its leading position in the near future. This growth is attributable to the surging building & construction activities in China. The country is considered to be a major growth contributor on account of the rapid industrialization and the presence of numerous consumer electronics manufacturers. On the other hand, North America is anticipated to grow considerably backed by the increasing production of EVs in the U.S., which, in turn, would accelerate the demand for these earth elements.
Key Players Focus on Acquisitions and Signing Agreements to Intensify Competition
The global market houses numerous companies that are currently focusing on acquiring local organizations and signing new agreements with government bodies to compete with their rivals. Below is one of the latest industry developments:
- January 2021: Lynas Rare Earths Limited and the U.S. Government signed an agreement to construct a Light Rare Earths separation plant in Texas through Lynas USA LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary. The new plant is estimated to produce rare earth elements at around 5,000 tonnes per annum.
A list of renowned rare earth elements providers operating in the global market:
- Baotou Rare Earth (China)
- China Minmetal Rare Earth (China)
- Avalon Advanced Materials (Canada)
- IREL (India)
- Metall Rare Earth Limited (China)
- Arafura Resources (Australia)
- Canada Rare Earth Corporation (Canada)
- Lynas Corporation (Australia)
- Northern Minerals (Australia)
- Greenland Minerals Limited (Australia)
- Other Players
Inquire Before Buying This Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower,
Baner - Mahalunge Road, Baner,
Pune-411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels:
Company Press Release
- Crude Oil Flow Improvers Market Growth Prospects, Competitive Analysis, Trend, Regulatory Landscape & Forecasts 2030
- Advanced Energy Storage System Market Research Report Provides An In-depth Analysis Of The Currents Trends, Latest Expansions By 2026
- Industrial Wood Pellet Market Growth Prospects, Competitive Analysis, Trend, Regulatory Landscape & Forecasts 2027
- Well Casing Market Research Report Provides An In-depth Analysis Of The Currents Trends, Latest Expansions By 2026
- Carbon Capture And Sequestration Market Growth Prospects, Competitive Analysis, Trend, Regulatory Landscape & Forecasts 2028